Previously Google Visualization API use to support grapahics/charts for data only in Google Docs/Spreadsheets. That has changed…Google now supports any Web-based data source, including databases and Microsoft Excel spreadsheets! So basically if you have a database-centric website, you can use Google Visualization API to:
- Embed visualizations directly into your website,
- Write visualizations and also wrap them as Gadgets with the simple Gadget Extensions of the API,
- Create dashboards and reports over your own data,
- Write visualization applications for Google products such as Google Docs,
- Use as many datasources you want, but just using one API !!