The Droid from Motorola may not be the best looking mobile phone you have come across, but when it comes to functionality and user experience not too many phones can compete with it. After all there is a reason why Verizon (the official carrier in U.S.) is promoting the phone as the iPhone killer, and not to our surprise most critics concur. The folks at BoyGeniusReport pointed out some compelling reasons…
- The device runs Android 2.0. Let’s just say the OS is far superior than iPhone OS 3.0 in every way.
- It is reported to be the thinnest QWERTY-slider ever with an excellent feel to it. We all know how iPhone turned out to be in this domain…so no comments.
- Quite possibly the world’s fastest Android mobile phone recorded.
- Has a desktop charger/cradle that turns the device into a full “multimedia station”.
- Does not have something like Apple’s “pain-in-the-butt” app selection process. So if you are a developer, just write your code, deploy and distribute. Developers love Android 1.6 and they are more than likely to fall in love with version 2.0 too.
- Excellent screen resolution standing at a huge 480 x 854 pixels, the highest we have seen for any Android mobile phone.
- If you are still not impressed by the above six points, either you have lost your mind or you don’t understand mobile phone technologies.