Apple loses iPhone prototype; device gets found, dismantled and identified to be the future iPhone HD
Recently Engadget posted images of the upcoming iPhone HD. And now, Apple reported the prototype to be lost. It seems the device was found at a bar in Redwood City and the folks at Gizmodo (somehow) got hold of it from the original guy who found the phone. What happens next is quite imaginable. Gizmodo reports, “We got it. We disassembled it.” From what is seems based on their review/feedback, the iPhone HD is a massive leap from the iPhone 3GS.
If all this is true, then you can expect the following in June, when the device gets launched:
- Front-camera – Possibly for video chat
- Better back camera with flash
- iPad 3G like micro-SIM
- A (ridiculously) high resolution display at 960×460 pixels. Definitely the highest (by far) for any mobile phone on Earth
- Several metallic buttons on the sides
- Larger battery size by 16%
- A more squarish design that previous iPhones
- Will run iPhone OS 4.0 (duh!)
Get a more detailed overview here.