Dell has recently confirmed that the company will be launching the first production version of “Streak” in the UK, ahead of the planned launch in the US. The 5-inch Android device will be launched on June 4 with O2 being its official wireless carrier. It will also be available from Dell UK website soon later. The US launch will only be later this summer.
Dell “Streak” is same as the Mini 5 and is powered by a 1 GHz Snapdragon processor. The device features a multi-touch 5-inch (800×480 resolution) display, 5MP back camera (with flash) and a 0.3MP front camera. Dell’s Streak is a believed to be the bridge between a larger tablet like the iPad and a smaller touch phone like the iPhone.
If you are in the UK, you can place a pre-order from CarPhoneWarehouse.com
A quick look at the specs:
- Instant-on touch screen tablet
- 5 inch WVGA Gorilla Glass display
- Energy efficient for longer battery life
- Android 1.6 operating system
- Arm-based 1GHz processor
- microSD/HC support up to 32GB
- (16GB microSD card pre-loaded)
- GPS + real-time Google Maps (with turn-by-turn navigation)
- Live social networking support (including Facebook™ and Twitter™)
- Android Market access
- 5 Megapixel autofocus camera + additional front-facing lens
- Full screen web browser with multi touch support