Autodesk has now introduced AutoCAD WS for the iPad and iPhone. You can now view, edit and share your DWG files from anywhere, anytime, using this new app. Make the pending changes, add a few polylines, rectangles and any other shapes, to your existing drawings right from your iPhone or iPad. The app takes full advantage of multi-touch gestures, zoom and pan, while also allow working with other people on the same DWG file simultaneously.
The best part…it is completely free!
Here’s a quick look at what it can do:
• Open DWG drawings uploaded to your free* AutoCAD WS online workspace
• See all aspects of your DWG file, including external references, layers, and image underlays
• Use Multi-Touch zoom and pan to more easily navigate very large drawings
• Tap objects to select, then move, rotate, and scale
• Draw or edit shapes with accuracy using Snap and Ortho modes
• Add and edit text annotations directly on your device; no need for paper mark-ups
• Validate distance measurements in the drawing while you are onsite at the actual location
• Save your edits to your AutoCAD WS online workspace, so your drawings stay up to date
• Share designs with others directly from your device
• Work with other people on the same DWG file simultaneously
• View edits to drawings in real time: AutoCAD WS immediately captures changes made by you and others in your online workspace.