What you see isn’t a crowd that wants to get hold of the iPhone in China. Instead it’s for an iPhone 4 knock-off. The Meizu M9, an Android 2.2 powered device and the successor to the successful M8, has quite a fan following we suppose. Not to forget, the M9 features the (almost) same awesome 960×640 pixel display.
Here’s a quick look at the specs:
CPU: 1 Ghz Cortex A8-based Samsung S5PC110
About the CPU:
- 45-nanometer (nm) Low Power fabrication process
- 32KB data and 32KB instruction caches, and is equipped with a 512KB L2 cache
- High speed 3D graphics rendering and high resolution video support
- built-in POWERVR SGX 3D graphics engine, licensed from Imagination Technologies, to support sophisticated 3D UI and high-caliber games
- integrate a 1080p full HD codec engine that supports 30fps full HD video playback and recording
- a built-in HDMI1.3 interface allows output of captured or downloaded mobile multimedia contents to an external high definition digital display
Graphics Processor: Power VR 540 GPU
Audio chip: Texas Instruments TLV320AIC36
Memory: Memory: 512 Mb ROM / 512 Mb RAM
Networks: GSM, GPRS, EDGE, 3G network support: WCDMA, HSDPA and HSUPA with speeds of 7,2/5,76 Mbps (Both schould work in Europe). Only supports the 2100 Mhz band of WCDMA. Check google for info in your country supports the 2100 Mhz band.
Dimensions: 59,8 x 113 x 11 mm
Weight: 123 grams
Expansion slot: Micro SD / TF – No built-in storage, microSDHC support. (Will come with either an 8GB or 16GB TF card)
Display: 3.56″ (49.92 x 74.88 mm), 960×640 pixel resolution, 16 million colors
Operating System: Android 2.2 Modified by Meizu(Includes English language), Android 2.3 will be released in the next firmware update.
Camera: 5 megapixels camera, Pictures in 2592 x 1944 pixels, autofocus, Records videos in 720p HD (1280×720) at 30 FPS, No flash in the first version
Battery: 1370 mAh
Connectivity: Bluetooth 2.1 / WiFi 802.11b/g/n (Different WLAN module compared to M8, WiFi tethering is supported) / A-GPS / TV-out (via mini USB, no HDMI. Not sure if included in the first version)
Ports: Mini USB 2.0, 3.5 mm audio jack